Understanding Casino Bonus Spins and How They Work
One of the most popular bonuses in online casinos are free spins casino bonus programs. Some online casinos offer no wager free spins as part of their welcome bonus. This gives the player a great opportunity to get a feel of how the site works and view the different games.
The rules governing casino free spins may vary slightly from one online casino to another, but the basics which are explained in this post are more or less the same.
What are free spins?
Free spins give new players a chance to try out a variety of games on the online casino without paying. This implies that you will not risk any money, but you have a 100% chance of winning. Some online casinos award you free spins once you make your initial deposit while others provide no deposit free spins.
Common types of free spin bonuses
The most common categories of free spins are those which require the player to make a deposit and those, which do not. However, these are not the only types of free spins. Others include exclusive free spins including super spins, mega spins, or big spins. These are offered by most online casinos to their loyal players from time to time and are available for a short time. They are mostly aimed at advertising new games that have been added on the platform but can also be offered as an incentive on older slots to pique the interest of existing players.
How do free spins work?
A free spin bonus is a risk-free way of building up a bankroll before a new player begins to make wager deposits with real money. Normally, free spins are limited to certain games. Most online casinos send you the promo code through your e-mail or text message which you should enter on the site to unlock your free spins.
In some cases, the player is granted a certain number of spins which are released over a certain period. For example, you may be eligible for a total of 200 spins, but you will only receive 20 spins daily for the next 10 days. Most online casinos forfeit the daily spins if you do not log into your account and claim them.
Make sure you study the slots available on the online casino to increase your chances of winning. Through free spin bonuses, you can easily multiply your deposit and wager on games with higher payouts.
What to look out for when using your free spins
While the freebies offered on online casinos offer a great opportunity to the player, knowing how to make the most of your free spins is a great way of ensuring that you win. Some of the things you should look out for when you are offered free spins include:
- The number of available spins – it goes without saying that having as many free spins as possible increases your chances of winning. Make sure to check whether your operator rolls over your free spins.
- The coin value – in most cases, online casinos especially those offering no deposit free spins will offer the lowest coin value on their free spins. This means that the value of any bet when you are using free spins will be at the lowest. Therefore, look out for slots with a higher coin value.
- The number of pay lines – using a slot with more pay lines increases your chances of winning. Also, the total bet spin is bigger as the number of pay lines is multiplied by the value of the coin. For instance, say a slot has 30 pay lines and the coin value is $0.01. This implies that each spin will be valued at 30 cents.
What are the terms and conditions that govern free spin bonuses?
Apart from the wagering requirement, free spin bonuses are governed by a set of rules which vary from one online casino to another. The most popular terms are:
- Cashouts – most online casinos do not allow you to cash out the amounts you have won through the free spins. Others limit the amount you can withdraw.
- Available games – some online casinos dictate the games that you can wager on using the bonus funds from the free spins.
- Maximum bet – this mostly applies on no deposit free spins where the maximum bet is limited to a specific percentage of the bonus. In most cases, the percentage ranges from 20% to 30%.
Are free spin bonuses worth it?
Free spins are definitely worth a try especially if you are a regular player. However, it would be unwise to jump into the bandwagon and claim free spin bonuses without understanding such terms as the wagering requirements and other conditions. Be sure to check on the casino’s testimonials and reviews.